Shiawassee Amateur Radio Association ~ W8QQQ
Whiskey 8 Quack Quack Quack
James P. Capitan Center, Lower Level; 149 E. Corunna Ave.; Corunna, MI 48817
Our ham station is located in Grid Square EN72wx at the EOC Center for James P. Capitan Center, Lower Level.
Latitude: 42.9819 N Longitude: -84.1164 W Alitude: 760 ft
Current Site Path: SARA Home SARA Reference
SARA Reference Materials
Follow the links below for better understanding of things and to assist in your design efforts:
Shiawassee County HSMM/BBHN
Highspeed Multimedia [HSMM] ~ Broadband Ham Network [BBHN] efforts are ongoing by individual members (not a 'club' sponsored activiity). These members provide the operating site networking for the club's Field Day activity. Usually three to six stations, each using a computer logging program on the 'linked system' for smooth operation. Networking details are captured here to assist members in keeping things coordinated for ease of setup.
- Shiawassee HSMM-BBHN Efforts ~ What we have been doing.
- Router Setup ~ Details on converting Linksys WRT54G to BBHN.
- Shiawassee HSMM Standard ~ Standards for Shiawassee County BBHN for better linking support.
Raspberry Pi ~ RPi
Some club members are starting activities using Raspberry Pi 2 and status will be reported here as we have items to report. (starting December, 2015).
- SARA's Raspberry Pi Efforts ~ A quick 'splash'/'flood' of information on the Raspberry Pi, Model 2, with lots of background reference links. Also, link to D-Star (using DV-3000) and the Raspberry Pi.
- SARA's Linux Starting Page ~ A quick view of some really basic Linux.
- SARA's RPi Initial Boot ~ A 'step-by-step' initial boot and look around of RPi.
- Raspberry Overview ~ Raspberry Pi Guides / Projects / Overview.
- Raspberry Pi D-Star Setup Details ~ from Maryland D-Star Group.
- HSMM-RPi Setup GitHub ~ Using RPi as HSmm/Broadband-Hamnet Node.
- N8MDP's Setup DV Access Point Dongle on RPi ~ D-Star / Fusion / DMR Hotspot Setup.
- Genesee County ARC Presentation - April 2018 ~ Microcontroller/Microcomputer Presentation by WB8GUS.
Arduino / AD9850 / AD9851 / Si5351 Projects & References
- Arduino / AD9850 VFO Project ~ Take off from BITX-40 to a DDS VFO project.
- RPi / Arduino / Linux Tutorials - Great Learning site for beginners.
- Adafruit Web Site - Projects and Tutorials (and purchase parts).
Amateur Packet Reporting System [APRS] Shiawassee County, MI and GPS
- APRS Beginners Guide ~ KC8ETW ~ Project to make small APRS Tracker Boxes.
- u-center Windows (GPS) ~ GPS Development / Evaluation Software.
- SARA's Mathematics Reference ~ Fractional Equivalents and Formulas for Hams.
- SARA's Electronics Reference ~ Basic Electronics Materials for Hams.
Electronic Component References
- SARA's Capacitor Markings Reference ~ Disc / Monolythic Markings Guide.
Various Online Calculators
- Calculator Edge Site ~ Many types of online calculators.
- VK2ZAY Calculators ~ Many types of electronics calculators.
- Current Solar Conditions ~ Near live conditions, Like the widget on SARA's opening home page.
- Solar Influences Data Center [SIDC] Site ~ Royal Observatory of Belgium includes World Data Center for sunspot index.
- NASA Sunspot Count (monthly values) - Data from Jan. 1749 through Apr. 2015 (in text format).
- PR2BA - PROBA2 Science Center ~ Sun Watcher images of the solar corona.
- NOAA Geomagnetic Indices Predictions (issued on Mondays) ~ Indice predictions (27 day) for radio flux, Planetary A and largest Kp index.
- Space Weather Prediction Center ~ NOAA Space Weather Prediction Center
- Solar Activity & HF Propagation ~ NA5N's Presentation to Four Days in May (about 6 pages).
- The Sun, the Earth, and Near-Earth Space ~ Book by John A. Eddy on the Sun-Earth System. (pdf format).
Solar influences to radio conditions is an area of study for amateur radio operators. We track and use the information in predicting radio paths. This area is meant to be a small reference to solar activity and information for hams..